This amazing course is warmly recommended to anyone interested in designing and developing meaningful games, playing games thoughtfully, or evaluating the social, cultural and educational impact of games. The course is providing students with tools to understand, analyze and design games, together with knowledge about educational theories related to games.
Topics covered during the course are:
- windows 10 pro key kaufen Fundamentals of game design, including mechanics, aesthetics and dynamics; narrative, balancing, designing for learning, systems thinking
- Serious Games and innovative new uses for games, including for learning, training, health, production, art, education
- Design-Based Research on games for purposes beyond entertainment (real-world impact)
- Flow Theory/Positive psychological theories relevant to game design
- Fun and Engagement Theory
- Gamification (game-like elements applied to non-game contexts) as “motivation design”
- Basic entrepreneurship concepts and strategies
The evaluation will be based on a real Game Design project: students will design, prototype, playtest and complete a fully playable board game during this class, working in small groups.